Monday, July 10, 2006

Lila : Nuture vs Nature

For as long as I can remember, I have had heated interesting discussions about Men vs Women and often by extension Nuture vs Nature aka Instinct vs Conditioning.

Each time the discussion is heated, interesting and yields no result. There was a time I could really get worked up on these issues but lately when I get into these discussion I sit, think and observe without overt participation.

Lila : has give my thoughts fodder to think about this phenomenon is a new light. Nature vs Nature is nothing but Biology vs Society. Given the layered hierarchy of :
Inorganic < Biology < Society < Intellect, it is a moral thing to do, not just considering the codes of societal conduct but in an evolutionary sense. Of course, Lila is no Bible but it sure does strike a chord of understanding. Inspite of being a rather dry book with thin storyline, I am loathe to putting it down/

No comments: