OK, so this one is really weird but I can't hep myself from penning this, so here goes..
There are tons of analogies for men and women, Martian and Venusians being a very popular one. How about AC and DC?
Women are like AC with lows and highs, peaks and pits, men by comparison more like DC and less fluctuating and more constant.
Points to ponder
- Debate about what is better, AC or DC would never cease
- AC has alternating polarity while DC has constant polarity
- AC magnitude and direction is variable while both are constant for DC voltage
- AC is easy to easy to step up or down
- AC current is capable of transformation (due to induced emf) unlike DC current
- AC current has more losses compared to DC
- Nothing can stop the AC, not even a straight wall .. eh .. capacitor
The clinching evidence ..
- AC currents can be more dangerous than similar levels of DC current since the alternating fluctuations can cause the heart to lose coordination
- Analysis of AC system always involved complex numbers, while DC is only a real number