Thursday, November 02, 2006

and again..

.. I've had a weird thought..

Is there any fundamental difference between :

- In my view blah blah blah is true
- In my opinion blah blah blah is true
- I've been thinking blah blah blah is true

Dictionary meanings are as follows:
View: A position from which things are looked at.
Opinion : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge
Thinking: A way of reasoning; judgment

I could be wrong but this is what I derive out of this?
A view is obtained from our current position, circumstances, place etc. It is very literally how you see it and is easy to change with time and position. Opinion is a derivation from a views, thoughts, feelings held over a period of time and probably harder to change. Thinking is more cognitive in nature and based on logic and reason.

No comments: